NONPF has created this "Announcements" page for our members to post special announcements, such as new opportunities from the college/university, getting messages to alumni, announcing milestone celebrations, or calling for award nominations.
If you are a member of NONPF and have an announcement that you wish to have published, please email Candi Hoffman with your name, contact information, and the details of your announcement. Postings will be available to view for 30 days.
AAN Announces 2013 Class of Fellows
The American Academy of Nursing has selected 172 nurse leaders for
induction as Fellows during the Academy's 40th annual meeting on October
19, 2013, in Washington, DC. The Academy is composed of more than
2,000 nurse leaders in education, management, practice, policy, and
research. The Academy Fellows include hospital and government
administrators, college deans, and renowned scientifice reseachers.
With this new class, Fellows will represent all 50 states, the District
of Columbia, and 19 countries.
Congratulations to the NONPF members who are a part of the 2013 class of Academy Fellows:
- Susan Bakewell-sachs, PhD, RN, PNPRN-BC, Oregon Health & Sciences University
- Pamela Burke, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, PNPRN-BC, FNAP, FSAHM, Northeastern University
- Pamela Cacchione, PhD, RN, CRNP, BC, University of Pennsylvania
- Patricia Clinton, PhD, RN, APRN, University of Iowa
- Karen Kauffan, PhD, CRNP, University of Maryland
- Gary Laustsen, PhD, RN, APRN, FAANP, Oregon Health & Sciences University
- Mary Lou Manning, PhD, CRNP, CIC, Thomas Jefferson University
- Kristy Martyn, Phd, RN, NP, University of Michigan
- Anita Nirenberg, DNSc, RN, AOCNP, Hunter College
- Julie Novak, DNSc, RN, CPNP, FAANP, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- Bethany Phoenix, PhD, RN, CNS, University of California, San Francisco
- Linda Rounds, PhD, RN, FNP, FAANP, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Sandra Ryan, MSN, RN, CPNP, FCPP, FAANP, Take Care Health Systems, Walgreens
- Diane Seibert, PhD, APRN-BC, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Michael Zychowicz, DNP, RN, ANP-C, Duke University
American Journal of Nursing Awards Book of the Year 2012
Bernadette Melnyk, PhD, RN,
FNAP, FAAN and Dean and Professor of the College of Nursing at Ohio
State University, has received a first place Book of the Year 2012 from
the American Journal of Nursing in the Nursing Research category. She
co-authored Intervention Research: Designing, Conducting, Analyzing, and
Funding, New York, Springer Publishing Company with Dianne
The American Journal of Nursing has published an annual list of the best books in nursing publishing since 1969.
AACN Announce Inaugural Class of Wharton Executive Leadership Program
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) has announced the inaugural class of nursing deans and senior faculty leaders who have been selected to participate in the new AACN-Wharton Executive Leadership Program. This program, held at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, is a "world-class enrichment program, which is designed exclusively for top academic leaders in nursing, is generously sponsored in part by the Jonas Center for Nursing Excellence."
Congratulations to the NONPF members who are a part of the 2012 cohort for the AACN-Wharton Executive Leadership Program:
- Ann Cary, Director, School of Nursing, Loyola University New Orleans
- Carla Gross, Department Chair, Nursing, North Dakota State University
- Demetrius James Porche, Dean, School of Nursing, Louisiana State Univesity Health Sciences
- Rosanne Pruitt, Director, School of Nursing, Clemson University
- Kerry Schuiling, Dean, School of Nursing, Oakland University
- Beth Ann Swan, Dean, School of Nursing, Thomas Jefferson University
- Kristen M. Swanson, Dean, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill