NONPF has created this "Announcements" page for our members to post special announcements, such as new opportunities from the college/university, getting messages to alumni, announcing milestone celebrations, or calling for award nominations.
If you are a member of NONPF and have an announcement that you wish to have published, please email Candi Hoffman with your name, contact information, and the details of your announcement. Postings will be available to view for 30 days.
Melynk appointed to NQF Standing Committee.
Bernadette Melnyk, Associate Vice President for Health Promotion, University Chief Wellness Officer and Dean of The Ohio State University College of Nursing has been appointed to the National Quality Forum’s (NQF) Behavioral Health Standing Committee.
Congratulation to the 2014 FAANP Inductees
The Fellows of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (FAANP) announced their 2014 Fellows. The Induction Ceremony was held during the AANP 29th National Conference in Nashville, TN. NONPF would like to congratulate the following members on their induction as FAANP Fellow:
|Phyllis Adams || Melanie Mabrey|
|Mary Barron||Kymberlee Montgomery|
|Mary Berg||Carolyn Montoya|
|Margaret Bowers||Donna Nativio|
|Susan Buchholz||Nelda New|
|Carolyn Clevenger||Richard Pessagno|
|Terri Donaldson||Christine Pintz|
| Nancy George||Valerie Sabol|
|Debra Hain||Rebecca Chuffo Siewert|
|Kelly Harden||Victoria Solstis-Jarrett|
|Remi Hueckel||Suzanne Staebler|
|Shannon Idzik||Diane Tyler|
|Pam King||Susan Van Cleve|
|Catherine Ling||Julee Waldrop|
| Melanie Logue||Patricia White|
|Bobby Lowery||Phyllis Zimmer|
AAN Announces 2013 Class of Fellows
The American Academy of Nursing has selected 172 nurse leaders for
induction as Fellows during the Academy's 40th annual meeting on October
19, 2013, in Washington, DC. The Academy is composed of more than
2,000 nurse leaders in education, management, practice, policy, and
research. The Academy Fellows include hospital and government
administrators, college deans, and renowned scientifice reseachers.
With this new class, Fellows will represent all 50 states, the District
of Columbia, and 19 countries.
Congratulations to the NONPF members who are a part of the 2013 class of Academy Fellows:
- Susan Bakewell-sachs, PhD, RN, PNPRN-BC, Oregon Health & Sciences University
- Pamela Burke, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, PNPRN-BC, FNAP, FSAHM, Northeastern University
- Pamela Cacchione, PhD, RN, CRNP, BC, University of Pennsylvania
- Patricia Clinton, PhD, RN, APRN, University of Iowa
- Karen Kauffan, PhD, CRNP, University of Maryland
- Gary Laustsen, PhD, RN, APRN, FAANP, Oregon Health & Sciences University
- Mary Lou Manning, PhD, CRNP, CIC, Thomas Jefferson University
- Kristy Martyn, Phd, RN, NP, University of Michigan
- Anita Nirenberg, DNSc, RN, AOCNP, Hunter College
- Julie Novak, DNSc, RN, CPNP, FAANP, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- Bethany Phoenix, PhD, RN, CNS, University of California, San Francisco
- Linda Rounds, PhD, RN, FNP, FAANP, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Sandra Ryan, MSN, RN, CPNP, FCPP, FAANP, Take Care Health Systems, Walgreens
- Diane Seibert, PhD, APRN-BC, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Michael Zychowicz, DNP, RN, ANP-C, Duke University