In fall 2006, the NONPF membership voted to adopt a new organizational structure that will include 4 standing committees. What follows is a description of each committee and the corresponding goals. The NONPF leadership welcomes feedback from the membership on the identified goals for each committee. Any member interested in serving on a committee, should contact the NONPF office at email@example.com or 202-289-8044.
Capital Development and Marketing Committee
Chairperson: Julie Marfell Co-Chairperson: Nancy Ridenour
To advise the organization on matters relating to finances and budget, developing revenue streams, establishing and maintaining endowments, and marketing the organization’s products.
- Develop a fiscally-sound budget to support the strategic plan of NONPF.
- Develop new revenue streams in educational and professional markets to support the financial viability of the organization.
- Explore opportunities for new product development.
- Assess the financial implications of proposed activities within NONPF.
- Promote fiscal responsibility in NONPF.
Curricular Leadership Committee
Chairperson: Kim Udlis
Co-chairperson: Susan Buchholz
To advise the Organization on quality curricular design, new and emerging curricula, NP program and educational guidelines development, and competency development, revision and validation. In addition, this committee will facilitate global educational consultation and resource sharing.
- Design curricular documents (standards, guidelines, competencies) for emerging areas of NP education
- Revise and modify existing standards, guidelines, and competencies for NP education in concert with changing needs
- Provide guidance and direction to NP programs, such as transitioning from MS to DNP, establishing new NP programs, and expanding clinical tracks.
- Establish affiliations and linkages to influence NP education globally
Faculty Development Committee
Chairpersons: Gloria Rose
Co-Chairperson: Pat White
To provide leadership for the Annual Meeting and other programs that emphasize development and advancement of the faculty role in areas including, but not limited to, innovation in teaching, promotion of diversity, and scholarship within teaching, practice and research. This committee will identify data needs and research priorities relevant to promoting and delivering quality NP education, as well as pertinent to addressing workforce issues.
- Develop programs to assist members in advancing the depth and breadth of their teaching skills and faculty roles.
- Cultivate members’ scholarship in teaching, practice and research.
- Facilitate networking among members having similar interests.
- Promote leadership succession with particular emphasis on diversity (e.g. race, role, gender, geographic location).
- Promote the value of practice in the NP faculty role.
- Maintain data collection activities to inform NP education policy and workforce issues
Member Resources Committee
Chairpersons: Veronica Wilbur
Co-Chairperson: Robert Hanks
To provide leadership in expanding the membership and member benefits through activities such as recruitment of diverse faculty, development of international member agreements, assessment of faculty and program needs, and member communications. The committee shall also have oversight of membership recognition awards for quality work done in areas such as, teaching, practice, research, and policy.
- Increase membership in NONPF, including enhancing the diversity of faculty representation and participation of international faculty.
- Assess members’ needs to inform development of resources and benefits within NONPF
- Develop new membership benefits
- Maintain individual profile data to identify experience and expertise of members.
- Identify opportunities for member participation in organizational activities
- Recognize the breadth and variation of scholarship demonstrated by NP faculty.